Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sick and Tired...

I am so sick and tired of being in pain. I hate to complain. And first off I have such a wonderful life. I have so many blessings and so much to be thankful to my Heavenly Father for. I am so blessed. But sometimes you gotta vent right? Maybe when this period of my life has passed and I can't even remember it (fingers crossed) I will want to look back and read how I felt.

I have chronic kidney stones. I pass a stone once a week. Each stone takes about 5 or more days. And when I am not passing a stone my kidneys just hurt. When I get a few days off... it is Heaven! It is actually weird to feel normal.

Have you ever passed a stone?....need I say more.
Have you given birth to a child with no epidural? It is the same and sometimes worse.

So if you see me and I am being lazy, or my house is dirty, or I am not too friendly, it is because I can't fake the pain. I try so hard. There are days where I am in so much pain I seriously can't do the dishes or even shower.

Having these stones makes me even more thankful for my health. It makes me realize how bad it could be. I am so thankful it is just stones, not cancer or something else.

Sundays are the worst. Trying to listen and sit up straight. And chase the kids around the nursery...huh, it is hard. I just want to curl up in a ball on the couches.

It has been so long of this and now that I have a "pre-exisisting condition" I can't get insurance for less than 1,000 dollars a month, if that. Just for me! So now I can't have them fixed. And I can't get pregnant either. Because I have to get my kidneys fixed first and I need insurance to get pregnant because I get Hyperemesis gravidarum when I am prego.(why do I have to have both?!)

I am so sad I am not already a few months pregnant...and again I am so thankful that I can even get pregnant and that I get pregnant easy. But, my "plan" of having them close together is getting further away it seems.

I am stressed. I want a baby, but I don't want to be pregnant.
And I am so thankful for my wonderful life.

Also, I have not posted pics of my hair because the perm pretty much fell out in 2 days! I am going back and asking for a free re-do. And that makes me nervous.
Have you ever had to do that?
(these are pics of me while I am pregnant, they remind me to not rush into it)
(And these are why I am thankful)






8 comments:

Kali and JT said...

Don't health problems royally SUCK? We have been dealing with a lot lately as well! We will keep you in our prayers and hopefully you will be able to cope with the pain and find some sort of solution :(

sorry about no baby...my heart hurts for you. We are thinking of you! Also it was so fun seeing you at the baby shower!

Carly said...

Love you, my dear Karen...

Jessica said...

Oh man, I am so sorry. Mikey gets kidney stones...they are the worst! He had to have surgery on one of them. I can't believe they won't let you!

And you make me sick. You are still HOT in your "sick pregnant" pictures.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Oh my, I am so sorry! It all sounds so rough. I looked up your pregnancy sickness and it sounds TERRIBLE! You are amazing. I hope it gets better soon and insurance situations really are the worst. Good luck dear.

Anonymous said...

Michelle I just want to get to Vegas and chat more! I am so so so sorry about your kidney stones. I know we didn't talk about them a lot on the phone the other day but I have heard they are way worse than labor without an epi! (and I can imagine bc a kidney infection was the worst pain in my life) All I have to say is that with your hard pregnancies alone I have always looked up to you for going through that! And now knowing about your stones too I just can't believe it! You are one strong and amazing woman! You are in my prayers sista! Can't wait to see you soon!!!

Hilary said...

Well, the only thing better about kidney stones is you don't have to raise them.
If you're having them THIS often are you drinking enough? I mean, you should be drinking like your eyeballs are floating. I also heard asparagus helps, and lemonade.
Insurance stinks, but that's why you have to carry it all the time. Once you're off, you're screwed.
I'm sorry Michelle, this stinks.

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray this goes by fast for you, that is awful! On a side note about your hair...
From a hairdressers standpoint I would totally go back if I were you! She gipped you on something, whether it was processing time or solution who knows and since you paid and didn't get what you paid for you are totally qualified! I would want to know if I was the hairdresser also and would be embarrassed and would want to fix it!

Nicole said...

Michelle it is amazing how well you hide the pain! You always seem so happy and upbeat. (except the time I had to bring you to the E.R. in november!) I'm so sorry you have to go through this.
About the hair...don't be embarrassed, you should definitely go tell her, it was a lot of money and time you spent getting it done.