Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh My Goodness!

Have you ever wondered what it feels like to have your child disappear? Well, now I know, kind of.



Ashlee and Rico were out of town so I was watching Kota Girl. Taylor called and asked if he could drop off his kids for a few hours. I was still in my pj's and the house was a mess. But I thought, "I can handle this". So here I am with 5 kids. A 4 year old, 3 year old, 15 month old, 12 month old, and a 9 month old. Ahhh!



All 3 of the babies needed a nap and were screaming bloody murder. So I went up stairs to put Graham and Kota to sleep. Being the good mom that I am, I made sure the dishwasher was closed, the doors to the bathroom and washroom were shut, no sharp objects on the floor, and I even blocked the stair case so Cannon couldn't climb up and fall.



I told Payton and Markie to try to play with Cannon so he would stop crying while I was upstairs. Ten minutes later I came out of the room thinking, "oh good he stopped crying". When I got down stairs I couldn't see him. Payton and Markie had gone upstairs to play. I searched everywhere, toilet, cabinets, dryer, washer, back yard, he was NO WHERE!



Then I noticed the front door was opened! How the heck did that door get opened? I ran outside thinking he would be sitting right there. Nope. I started running around the neighborhood barefoot in PJ's. "Should I yell Help?" Should I knock on people's doors". I was just praying in my head to Heavenly Father to please find him and him to be fine.



I thought there is no way he got that far, he has to be in the house. SO back inside I went. Searched upstairs and down. Not there. By this time I was crying and I thought I was going to die. Literally. I thought if someone had run over him there would be people out side, paramedics. Maybe someone stole him. A pedifile. I started thinking what my life and Nicole's would be like if he was gone.



Then I heard dogs growling down my street. (Mind you, my whole street is lined with mean dogs. Rotwillers and pit bulls) So I ran 5 houses down and saw the dogs going crazy against the fence. I couldn't see Cannon. I thought I was going to him being eaten...seriously. It sounds crazy, but that is really what I thought. When I got to the gate there was little Cannon. Just chill'in. With rocks in both hands leaning against the gate. He LOVES dogs. That crazy boy.



This seems so dramatic but it really was the longest 15 minutes of my life. Pretty traumatizing. I cried a lot that week when I thought about it. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father protected my little buddy.

No comments: