Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Conference Weekend






















I LOVE conference weekend!

Even when I was little I remember being so excited for it. But NO ONE gets more excited than my husband. It is like DisneyLand for him.

We don't have TV so we went to the Sinquefields on Sat and Sun (poor them) and watched all 4 sessions together. Taylor was so kind and made us breakfast, lunch, and dinner booth days! In between the we would all play outside in their new amazing backyard. Thanks guys!!!

The kids had to stay in the room and play quietly (as possible) during the sessions. I was really surprised at how well they did. Bailey liked to point out that the old men looked like those "slobber dogs". Ha ha. Because of their wrinkles.

Once in a while they would ask if they could leave just "really fast for something." This is what they came back with...underwear on their heads and socks on their hands??
Graham and Cannon were so good they just played on the floor or slept. But Graham did LOVE the "doggies!"

Every talk was so good. It is such a good reminder and boost to renew goals and start living each day better.

Some of the topics that stuck out to me:
-It is not just the big main things, it is all the little things
-Not wanting worldly things, they don't matter at all
-Always being Christ like
-Helping others always, even in little ways
-Being frugle
-Home is the most important(LOVED this one)
-Read the scriptures daily
-Temple attendance, and really learning
-Not complaining, be grateful
-The pride cycle is repeating
-Obey and listen to church leaders

I mostly just thought about what percent of a member am I?
Am I always 100% with everything?
Or do I push aside the little things, like wanting nice, or worldly things?
When I go to the temple do I 'Really' just lose myself when I am there?
Is our home a place where the Savior could be present for every joke, every conversation?

I am so grateful for a living prophet and church leaders to help direct us. I am grateful I was able to watch conference and feel the spirit.

Mark and Graham I hope that you will always love to hear the Prophet and other leaders speak. I hope that you will remember your home growing up as a place of love, peace, the spirit, kindness, fun, laughter, and much learning.

No comments: